OPEN: Journal of Arts and Letters will consider submissions of screen plays as Feature Film script, Concept Video, or Series Pilot script. O:JA&L will nominate a qualified screen play for the BLUECAT awards in each category.
All submissions should be in standard screenplay format, using Courier 12-point font.
· Page size: 8-1/2 by 11 inches
· Page margins: 1.5 inches (left), 1 inch (right, top, bottom)
· Scene heading (slugline): 1.5 inches indented
· Action: 1.5 inches indented
· Dialogue: 2.5 inches indented
· Character names: 3.5 inches indented
· Please make sure your script does not include images or excessive amounts of special text such as bold, italic or underline.
· Movie screenplay: 85-160 pages
· Movie concept video: 2-15 minutes
· Drama series pilot script: 50-70 pages
- PDF: easy to format and easy for others to read and review
- RTF: allows file to be opened and edited in all word-processing applications.
No adaptations of works in the public domain. This applies to music, photos or other images. Even though the work is public domain in the US, it is not necessarily free of rights complications.
Expedited evaluation of your submission is not currently available in this category